Saturday, December 7, 2013

A challenge from Jesus

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come you who are blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you give me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

This is how Jesus' says, in Matthew 25:34-36, He will know the difference between those who are His true followers and those who aren't.  Jesus also said that in the end days the love of people will wax cold, because of lawlessness, and it may be hard for Him to even find the faith here when He returns.  So my prayer is that we all continue to have a close relationship with Him that enables us to produce everlasting fruit, fruit that will heal the nations, that we keep our oil lamps full, and continue to have the kind of faith that enables us to continue to do the work He has for us, even until the very end.  And not shrink back, no matter the obstacles or challenges that try to stop us.  We can be sure that He won't leave us, even until the very end.

In my work here in, a shelter to sleep under, and of course love - the driving force behind it all.  There are more here and in other parts of the world than just a few people can help.  It takes many people to share the love of Jesus with a broken, hurting world.  Working with street children and feeding people in the slums are a couple of ways that I like to meet Jesus' challenge.  I thank those who've been helping us to do that work here and pray that you all know what it is Jesus is asking you to do and enjoy the Kingdom work the Lord blesses you with.  Asante sana.  Shalom.

 
Click here if you woud like to contribute to the work we're doing with street children in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment